As a manufacturer there are many decisions to make; the choice of ingredients and manufacturing process to name a few. We are committed to using both the best quality ingredients available as well as practicing the most environmentally friendly techniques to create a superior Canadian product at a fair price.
About Our Ingredients
Olive Authentique products are made from truly natural ingredients. This means we use:
- Pure plant essential oils are use to preserve, scent and enhance the beneficial properties of our products.
- Plant based oils and butters derived from plant sources are rich in minerals, vitamins and essential fatty acids. When applied topically, these oils and butters play an essential role in the structure and flexibility of the cell membrane. They also help to reduce moisture loss.
- Organically grown herbs and botanical extracts are natural alternatives that have been used in skin care products for centuries. The active constituents known as phytonutrients often work synergistically. They impart many qualities when used in skin care products such as improving circulation, cell regeneration and antioxidant effects.
- Dead Sea salt, clay and mud help to revitalize, exfoliate and purify the skin. Dead sea salts are rich in minerals that improve circulation, promote relaxation and regulate moisture levels in the skin.Dead Sea Clay and mud help tone the skin, stimulate circulation and aid in skin regeneration leaving skin with a smooth healthy glow.
- Sea Kelp is a rich source of nutrients including vitamins, minerals, amino acids and trace elements. Sea Kelp is an effective exfoliating and cleansing ingredient, drawing out toxins while adding beneficial nutrients to the skin helping it to hold moisture.
- Beeswax creates a breathable skin barrier as well as helping to draw moisture to the skin. Our beeswax is 100% natural locally sourced.
- Clays contain naturally high mineral content which exfoliate, cleanse and invigorate the skin by improving circulation. Clay has the ability to absorb excess dirt, oils and toxins from the skin. Regular use of clays help to regenerate and smooth skin for a natural healthy glow.
An exhaustive list of our ingredients is available here.
About our Soap
Olive Authentique practices the artisan method of soap making. The production of a premium bar of soap takes time and attention to detail. Starting with olive oil we selectively choose and skillfully combine superior ingredients known for their time tested natural benefits. Each small batch of soap requires weeks of curing to insure long lasting bars of the highest quality.
About our Skin Care Products
Olive Authentique skin care balms are a different consistency than mainstream lotions and creams which often contain mostly water. Formulating without water allows for minimal packaging, concentrated formulas that are of good value with superior staying power. Most importantly, these products do not contain questionable parabens or ‘natural’ estrogen mimickers. They are most effective when applied on damp skin as they form a barrier that helps to seal moisture in.
As with any cosmetic, please read ingredients carefully to insure that you are not allergic to any ingredients. Even ‘hypoallergenic’ products may contain ingredients that are problematic to some individuals.
Store products away from direct sunlight at room temperature and avoid their exposure to extreme temperature changes.
We do our best to provide you with a superior natural product. If for any reason you are not satisfied with any of our products we will gladly offer an exchange or refund.
If you would like to receive more information, join our newsletter and get updates on the family business and check out new products